Information We May Collect
We collect two main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; (2) information from or about your Illumina products and services including but not limited to company energy data logging while initial survey and monitoring data after installation. Depending on the Illumina Africa’s products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, location, phone number, e-mail, etc.) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, request a free quote and others.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, marketing partners, certified installers, and social media platforms.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a Illumina Africa or Illumina Africa visits you, attend one of our events, place a request over the phone, or contact us.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services and websites function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
From or about your Illumina Africa’s products and services
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Illumina Africa products and services from you, via our own installation team, an Illumina Africa certified installer or from the installed products (directly or via paired equipment, such as an inverter and other monitoring equipments), including:
- We may collect energy logging data of your energy consumption and utility bills and other information that you share with us to size your system optimally and accurately.
- We may collect information about your system, such as your installation date, number of products installed, and serial number(s).
- In order to provide and improve our energy products and services, we may collect data regarding where your product is installed and how it is configured, data related to the product’s use and performance, data regarding your aggregate home energy consumption, and other data relevant to diagnose issues.
If you no longer wish us to collect performance data or any other data from your Illumina Africa products and services, please contact us. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of performance data, we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your energy product in real time, and this may result in your energy product suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or in operability, and it may also disable many features of your energy product including periodic software and firmware updates.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for other purposes. Examples of how we use information for these purposes are provided below.
To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, such as:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, or brochures.
- To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your Illumina Africa experience.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
- Receiving electronic communications from us or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any e-mail received from us or by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Opt Out’ and a body message of the reason. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
- Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
To provide and improve our products and services
We may use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, such as:
- To complete and fulfill your requests.
- To provide service to your Illumina Africa product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and setup a maintenance check up and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
- To monitor your Illumina Africa’s product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
- To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
- To deliver any other services you have requested.
For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, such as:
- For our business purposes, such as: data analysis; audits; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns on all platforms; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Except as described above and below, Illumina Africa may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, for analysis by partners, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share information we collect with our service providers and business partners which we have an NDA with and, with other third parties you authorize, with other third parties when required by law, and in other circumstances. Examples of how we share information with these parties and under these circumstances are provided below.
With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to Illumina Africa’s products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, auditing, marketing, voice command processing, and other similar services.
- With other third party business partners to the extent that they are involved in your purchase or the service of your Illumina Africa products. We share limited information from or about you to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance, leasing, registration, and title companies.
With other third parties you authorize
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our certified installers to facilitate the provision of energy products to you that you have requested.
- With third party service centers or providers, if you choose to utilize them.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
With other third parties when required by law
Illumina Africa may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the Services, Illumina Africa, third parties, visitors to our Services, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
In other circumstances
We may share information in other circumstances, such as:
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Opt Out’ with a body message message stating what and the reason.